Mental health conditions have the power to affect anyone regardless of their age, gender, income, and health status. This list also includes children. It is quite easy for parents to recognize the physical needs of a kind. From warm clothes to nutritious food, the best education possible, and so on are always on the priority list of parents. But, what about their emotional and mental needs? Though it may not be as obvious as physical health good mental health enables children to develop socially, learn new skills, and think clearly. At Edmonton Counselling services, I help children develop higher self-esteem, self-confidence, and guide them through life to ensure they have a healthy outlook towards life.
How Can Mental Health Issues Have Impact On A Child?
When a child starts to suffer from social, emotional, mental, psychological distress or trauma then it becomes extremely hard for them to cope with the matters in hand. Parents start to feel that there is nothing they can do to help their kids or remedy the situation. And, this is where Edmonton Counselling services can come to help.
How does it start to have an impact on their health? You must remember that the earlier you start with the counselling sessions the better it is for them because the behavioral and emotional problems kids face might start to grow. It isn’t okay to think that children will simply grow out of it. Reach out to ensure your child is in safe hands.
What kind of mental health problems do children face?
The reason behind mental health problems seen in children can be vast. Some of the commonly faced issues are –
- Depression: This problem has started affecting young minds for the last couple of decades.
- Self-Harm: It is quite common in young people. Children feel they can control the intensity of their emotional pain by hurting themselves. This doesn’t, however, include suicide attempts.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Children start acting very worries or tensed when they have to move to school or deal with something new.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: This is often followed by sexual or physical abuse. When children witness something traumatizing or frightening it might happen.
These are only a few concerns, to begin with. At Edmonton Counselling services I have had the experience to handle a wide range of mental health disorders that affect young minds.
What kind of effect does mental health issues have on children?
If you witness any of these changes in your kids, then it is high time to visit a psychological counselor such as myself.
- Children start showing eating disorders. They either overeat or stop eating a normal amount of food.
- If they hurt themselves even if it is a one-time scenario.
- When kids start to act out. They either become aggressive or shut themselves down.
- They start sleeping too much.
- Kids are intensely irritable
- Complains about frequent headaches
- They keep away from other kids
- Lower levels of energy
If you find it hard to find answers to any of their unusual, recently developed symptoms reach out to Edmonton Counsellors for I can put an end to the things that worry a child.
The Importance Of Counselling To Take Care Of Mental Health Issues In Children
Psychological counselling sessions with me will give your child an opportunity to talk freely without being judged. They will finally be able to shake off their fears and blow off the steam. Counselling creates a safe and healthy environment for a child to express everything they feel.
Give your child the support they need and if you need to consult me feel free to boob online appointment. Edmonton Counselling Services is located at 2923 66 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6K 4C1, Canada.