A Different Path to Fighting with Addiction Therapy
Addiction Therapy; As humans are getting more into technologies, they are either getting depressed or isolated. Moreover, as much the new age kids and teens are getting depressed, they are going more into different types of addiction. That’s how is how habits are becoming a bigger problem nowadays.
The most common addiction is drugs, alcohol to gambling.
- Substance addiction is a very progressing and relapsing condition. Drug overuse can be characterized by repeated alcohol or drug abuse despite visible or invisible negative and harmful consequence. Dependence depends on the user’s ability to control substance abuse. These fuel substance addictions depend on two things. One is the tolerance, and the other is dependence. Someone abusing drugs or alcohol or not depends on these two factors. Those who have developed a tolerance level to a specific dose has the urge to increase the quantity. Soon it turns into dependence.
Symptoms of the Drug addiction: –
- Urge to consume drugs even when not having health problems.
- Increase doses to get the same effect.
- Can’t stop yourself using (or abusing) drugs and alcohol.
: – Tobacco is one of the most widely used addictive substance in the world. Nicotine in tobacco is the leading cause of its addiction. When absorbed in the bloodstream or inhaled via cigarette smoke, it causes an adrenaline rush. It also releases dopamine (the happy chemical) that is associated with pleasure and reward area of the brain. Moreover, this is not only the cases with cigarettes but also happens with smokeless forms of tobacco like the snuffs or chewing tobacco.
Symptoms of the Tobacco addiction: –
- cannot stop taking tobacco despite trying to quit.
- Smoking becomes a must after meals.
- Continues to smoke despite health problems.
: – Gambling addiction is one of the most destructive dependencies in the world. It starts from “oh it’s fun, let’s give it a shot” to an unhealthy and self-destructive obsessions obsession in the world. No matter if you bet on matches, roulette, poker, slots or jackpot machines, gambling problems can strain your relationship big time. It can also interfere with your personal life, work and leave you in a financial disaster.
How does addiction start?
Addiction, no matter whether it’s drug or gambling or whatever starts with watching people in your surroundings, the close ones. Sometimes they say, “try it once and don’t have it again if you don’t like it,” whether in some cases they say, “try it, nothing will happen.” Moreover, this is how addiction starts in most of the cases. They are your best friends; they are your extended families if they can try it, why not you? If they say it feels fantastic, then it has to be a tremendous feeling, right?
Moreover, this is how you start it. Then as time goes by, you liked the experience for the first time. You want to do it again, and then again and again. Moreover, this is how it becomes an addiction for you.
How does Addiction Therapy help to stop addiction?
- Addiction Therapy helps you to co-op with significant life situations. Sometimes incidents like a death in the family, break-ups, divorce plays a massive part in someone to start drug abuses. Edmonton Counseling can help you to heal those deep marks of your minds with psychotherapy too.
- It helps you to co-op with past traumas and the reasons behind your depression. Here in Edmonton Counseling, I will help you to overcome your past trauma or depression.
- Make you take care of yourself either before the addiction starts or even during the dependency.
You can come to Edmonton Counseling Services for addiction therapy to change the life, Live the life you deserved, not the life that will do nothing but destroy you.
Certified Addiction Therapist and Recovery Specialist
I am an addiction therapist. My passion for helping others is what led me to the field of addiction therapy. I am a Canadian Certified Addiction Counselor (CCAC), Canadian Clinical Supervisor Addiction Counselling (CCS-AC). And, I have been helping people with addictions for five years and have completed over thousands hours of clinical counseling. My treatment approach is client-centered and holistic therapy to meet my client’s needs best and treat the root causes of the dependency.
My training is in the areas of relapse pharmacology, prevention, family education, concurrent disorders, youth & addictions, and problem gambling. I treat addiction holistically and progressively using cognitive behavioral therapy ( CBT). Solutions Focused Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Whether it’s your first time for addiction therapy or you have been on the recovery path for a long time – all of my patient solutions are intended to support you on your journey. Book Online Appointment if you need help with your addiction.