Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Monitor, Assessment, and interventions
Outpatient Addiction Treatment; Addiction is one of the things that nobody in the world is immune to. It comes in a wide variety of forms, far from being limited to the sorts of substance addictions commonly associated with the term. This can happen to anyone, as a propensity for addiction is very much part of the human psyche’s makeup.
Edmonton Counseling Services‘s Outpatient Addiction Treatment Plan is an enhanced solution for adults. We focus on the struggle with addiction, the mental dependency on substance use, and addiction illness. Participants receive top-notch care on their journey to sobriety and total recovery while still living their lives and fulfilling their daily responsibilities.
We focus on evidence-based therapy, with a directive supporting abstinence from substances or other forms of addiction. We also place much focus on the management of negative emotions and help patients to understand addictive behavior and their mental states. This includes workshops on improving relationships and adopting relapse prevention tools that we consider essential for a full, permanent recovery.
Our exceptional IOutpatient Addiction Treatment Program supports our client’s recovery by offering:
Accessible, ongoing intake for immediate service;
- We believe in being there whenever where needed. The struggle with addiction isn’t something that keeps office hours or takes weekends off. If someone needs our immediate help, you can count on us being there no matter what.
- While group therapy is beneficial for many reasons, we would be remiss to ignore one-on-one counseling’s healing power. Through this, a skilled, experienced counselor can get to know a patient and help them get to know themselves in a safe, personal, and very private environment. This also allows for laser focus on a specific patient’s needs based on their particular mental profile.
- Two hours per week of psychoeducational and group therapy for eight weeks: The best way to combat a problem is to understand it fully. Hence, we help everybody obtain the tools to understand their inner workings and encourage people to open up and share their experiences. Everybody can get a new perspective and gain insight that they otherwise wouldn’t be able to obtain.
- Eight individual therapy sessions with an addictions counselor, Addiction is an exceptional kind of malady, and we bring in the best. Education on the bio-psycho-social, spiritual, and neurobiological aspects of addiction and recovery: This is something that many recovery centers overlook, and we cannot understand why. Understanding the science, the link between psychology, sociology, and the “spiritual” aspects of an addiction empowers a patient to deal with relapse risks and various forms of withdrawal and stress along their route to recovery.
- Evidence-based treatment methods: We believe in evidence-based practices, coming to conclusions, and pursuing treatment methods based entirely upon scientific evidence at hand. Not only is this effective, but it is the safest way to handle any complex system, and you can’t get much more complicated than a human being.
Trauma-focused and concurrent-disorder-informed individualized Outpatient Addiction Treatment care :
- Trauma can play an essential role in forming addictions and can also be a direct result of severe addictions and risk during recovery. Our caregivers take trauma and other concurrent disorders into account when creating individualized treatment plans, providing counseling, and setting recovery goals.
- Psychoeducational therapy covers a wide array of topics applicable to behavioral change and successful recovery. This is a further step in educating people on their addictions and the psychological mechanisms behind them. Aside from the biological dependency, much recovery from addiction is about behavior change. We believe that the biggest key to successfully changing one’s behavior and mental habits is to be educated in how these things work.
- Introduction to the Evolve Family Program: In a spirit of cooperation, equality, and unity, we work closely with the Evolve Family Program, ensuring that long-held prejudices unfortunately ingrained into most care systems do not prevent anyone from getting the care they need to live a better, healthier and happier life.
- Six months of weekly recovery management sessions: We don’t believe that your journey ends when you’ve lost the initial desire to pursue your addiction. It’s a long road to total recovery. We stay with you for some time afterward, helping you stay on the right track and giving you the additional support you need because it’s going to be hard for a long time. The struggle is worth it, though, to take back your life and your agency.
If you or someone you care about suffers from a crippling addiction, don’t just be allowed to persist out of embarrassment or fear. Again, there is no shame in being human; there is only shame in allowing people to continue the destructive behavior of addiction and do nothing about their health.